Q: My husband has a 2004 ford f150 and the radio clock light is dim when headlights are off what could be the reason

asked by on December 26, 2016

During the day it used to light right now it does not it's very Dim when it's daylight and the headlights are off the light where the clock and radio is is very dim you can barely see it.

Hi Adrian. Most of the time, this issue is caused by one of two things. Either the electrical relay that supplies power to the radio is faulty or the radio itself has an interior electrical issue that’s causing the light to become dimmer than it should during ’daylight’ operation (or when the lights are not turned on). The only way to repair this issue is to remove the radio, test the electrical relay or replace the radio. In most cases it’s more expensive and inconvenient to attempt repair. If it’s not a major issue, you might want to consider replacing the radio with an aftermarket radio.