Q: Q: Battery being drained

For some reason my car battery keeps getting drained , I have had my battery , alternator and starter checked and they are all fine but my car battery keeps dying and no one knows why !

Without knowing a make or model of the vehicle, it is impossible to narrow down the issue. Parasitic draws, or battery drain, doesn’t have to come from the starting system. The problem can be anything electrical on the vehicle.

Drains are usually traced down using a voltmeter or comparable tool. The usual systems to blame for these issues include alarm systems or anti-theft systems. You may not even be aware you have one on the vehicle until something goes wrong with it.

Radios, especially aftermarket ones, are also high on the list for having these issues and draining the battery. Have any electrical components been damaged or failed recently? These would be places to check as well. Another trick you may want to try is running a scan on the engine. If an electrical component is reading outside of its normal range, say from a short or something, it may show itself there. Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an electrical inspection to see if this is the source of the problem.

3. Q: Battery being drained