My power steering light is on. How much to fix it volkswa...

Q: My power steering light is on. How much to fix it

asked by on August 07, 2017

My steering wheel light is on. How much to fix it

Hi Mavis. Thanks for writing in today. When the power steering light is illuminated, it can be caused by multiple component failures, ranging from a faulty or loose sensor, to electrical or mechanical failures including a damaged power steering pump, loose fitting or leaking hoses or problems with the steering box. In order to provide an estimate for repair, correctly diagnosing the issue is the first step. To complete this, we would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light inspection first. This will permit us to determine the reason why the light is illuminating and if any repairs are needed - or if it’s just an electrical glitch that can be easily removed.