Q: Acceleration issue, RPMs increase but not speed

Hello. My car has acceleration issues. It starts great but has difficulty increasing the speed even thought the RPMs are revving. I had the spark plugs and a sensor replaced. I took the car to several shops but nobody found anything wrong with it. They checked the catalytic converter as well and it is fine. I still have the problem. What could be causing it? I appreciate your help.

A: If your car is revving up but not moving, o...

If your car is revving up but not moving, or is slow at gaining speed, then you have a slipping clutch. If you have a manual or automatic transmission it will still be a clutch issue. A mechanic with experience will need to road test the car to verify the problem if it is indeed the clutch causing the problem. If you want to have this done, a professional from YourMechanic can diagnose your vehicle’s slipping issue and let you know what should be done.