Q: Will crank but will not start

Car cranks but wont start, after spark plug calibration i left plug wire unplugged on cylinder 4, seconds later car shuts off. Try to start up, cranks only. Got a new distrubitor, didnt fix the problem. I would step the gas pedal, even that would not start it. I would smell gasoline when i would pump the pedal. Can you give me a suggestion on what to replace, im thinking fuel pump would get it started.

I was looking up your year, make, and model of the vehicle and your engine does not have a distributor. Do you have the vehicle information correct? On a 2006 vehicle, it has a coil per cylinder and cam and crank sensors instead of a distributor. Verify the engine information and the model to make sure you are getting correct advice. On a 2006 engine, however, I think it may have caused a back feed voltage to the computer if you did not ground a coil properly and left it disconnected. My best advice would be to have a professional inspect the starting issue in person to make sure that the correct diagnosis is made. This way, you won’t go around replacing parts that are not faulty.

3. Will crank but will not start