Q: Will crank but will not start

Car cranks but wont start, after spark plug calibration i left plug wire unplugged on cylinder 4, seconds later car shuts off. Try to start up, cranks only. Got a new distrubitor, didnt fix the problem. I would step the gas pedal, even that would not start it. I would smell gasoline when i would pump the pedal. Can you give me a suggestion on what to replace, im thinking fuel pump would get it started.

I was looking up your year, make, and model of the vehicle and your engine does not have a distributor. Do you have the vehicle information correct? On a 2006 vehicle, it has a coil per cylinder and cam and crank sensors instead of a distributor. Verify the engine information and the model to make sure you are getting correct advice. On a 2006 engine, however, I think it may have caused a back feed voltage to the computer if you did not ground a coil properly and left it disconnected. My best advice would be to have a professional inspect the starting issue in person to make sure that the correct diagnosis is made. This way, you won’t go around replacing parts that are not faulty.