Q: Starter not kicking in

The car is not starting. The starter does not kick in. I tried jumping the battery, but that didn't work.

A: Hi there. When a starter does not engage th...

Hi there. When a starter does not engage there can be a few different issues. Firstly, your starter may not be receiving a signal to engage when your key is turned forward due to a faulty ignition switch. Secondly your vehicle’s starter maybe not in working order any longer. Lastly, your start may not be receiving enough current from your battery to engage it in order to start your vehicle. I would suggest having a certified mechanic sent by YourMechanic come to your residence and correctly diagnose your starting issue. From there, they will be able to make the necessary repairs to get your car back on the road.