Q: I have a 2006 crown Vic my car won't go forward but it will go backward im not sure what the problem is but I was told it could be

asked by on April 21, 2017

My car will not go forward it only goes backwards and I'm tryna find out what's the problem

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the transmission forward clutch pack. I usually check the transmission fluid and drop the pan to check for debris. If there is then the transmission needs to be rebuilt. If not then it may be a transmission position sensor issue. I would have a transmission specialist take a look at the vehicle.