Q: Car revved & lurched over curb while foot was on brake

When I pulled in to park my car by the curb, with my foot on the brake, I pushed P to park, using the dashboard function. My car first revved and then lurched over the curb toward a building. I continued to press my brakes while swerving to avoid the building, but scraped the side panel ran over two small trees (that had just been planted). The car kept lurching for around 30-40 feet, went back off the curb, past some parked cars (fortunately didn’t hit them) and finally stopped on its own. The engine ran until I pushed the ‘start / off’ button. What caused this and what is your advice in fixing the problem?

A: Hey there, hopefully everyone was safe afte...

Hey there, hopefully everyone was safe after this experience. My suggestion would be to have the vehicle towed to the nearest dealer to have the vehicle checked. There has been many possible complaints for this problem with other owners and there may be litigation in process regarding this acceleration problem. There may be a fix that the dealer can do if they can duplicate the problem or if the manufacturer has a recall fix.