Q: Brake light and abs light on, my brakes are soft ( needs to be replaced ) if I replace brakes will both lights go off?

Brakes are soft they need replacing. ABS and BRAKE light coming on I know I'm playing with fire driving with them on.

A soft brake pedal generally indicates a hydraulic issue with the brake system. If the hydraulic system has a leak or a faulty seal in components such as the brake master cylinder of ABS pump, the brake system will not operate with the correct pressure. Worn brake pads may make the brake pedal travel farther than say new brake pads, but this generally does not cause a "soft" brake pedal. Replacing brake pads may not turn the ABS and BRAKE lights off. An abs system inspection should be performed by a certified technician before replacing any parts that may or may not correct your issue. I cannot predict if you will have a further issue but as far as is it unsafe ? Yes, driving with a possible hydraulic fault with the brake system is very unsafe as the brakes may fail entirely.

• Brake light and abs light on, my brakes are soft ( needs to be replaced ) if I replace brakes will both lights go off?