Q: Turn signals not flashing

About a week ago the turn signal on my left stopped flashing. The day after the right side stopped. I've changed the bulbs but they still don't work. I did notice some water in the rear tail lamps. And those plugs looked darker than the ones in the front. Do you think if I replace those plugs they would work again??

A: Hi there, It's not very uncommon for b...

Hi there,

It's not very uncommon for both tail lights to fail at the same time. However, the water or condensation inside the tail lamp may indicate a larger problem. If you replace the light bulbs it could cause an electrical short to occur in the fuse panel. The best bet is to find out why the light bulb covers have water in them, fix that problem and inspect the fuses before replacing the tail light. If you replace the tail light and the turn signals work, you should be OK for a while. However, you'll want to have that water issue fixed sooner rather than later. If you would like help, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your turn signal problem and replace the tail light bulb if necessary.