Q: Find TDC and also set cam position sensors.

I need to find the best way to se tdc without pulling my engine out or anything off. I also need to figure out hot to set the camshaft position sensor

Hi there. If you are just replacing the camshaft sensor then all you need to do is unbolt the sensor and install the new sensor. If you are installing a new oil pump driver under cam sensor then remove number one spark plug and turn engine by hand until you feel compression then align crankshaft to top dead center. Remove the cam sensor oil pump driver and install the new one aligning as close to original position. Once installed then use the alignment tool to lock down the housing then install and tighten the sensor. If you need help with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to assist with a camshaft sensor replacement.

3. Find TDC and also set cam position sensors.