Q: My car weak to start , battery & alternator ok, I put fuel injector cleaner today, some emissions smell exterior, what can it be?

My car weak to start for past 2 days. I had recent oil change 2 weeks ago. Checked battery & alternator and they are ok, I put fuel injector cleaner today, and still weak to start. I noticed some emissions smell outside of car , no emission smell in inside. what can the problem be? a spark plug? fuel pump?

A: Hello there. Many different faults can caus...

Hello there. Many different faults can cause your 2000 Honda Accord to be slow to start. The most common fault is the battery. If the battery has been load tested and ruled out, there are other possibilities. Other likely faults are the battery cables, battery terminals, fuel pump, fuel filter, coil, starter, or ignition switch. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the hard start and perform any repairs required.