Q: Motor works, but window won't come up

My passenger's side window is stuck in the down position and won't come up. I can hear the motor working.

Hello, it sounds like your window regulator has failed. Most window regulators have a cable that rides on plastic glides and wheels. If the plastic wheel brakes or the cable becomes loose, it will fall off the wheel and the window won’t roll up or down. The door panel will have to be removed and the window disconnected from the regulator to replace the regulator. It is common to have to cut the cables to get the window into a serviceable position. You may need the aid of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace the regulator.

3. Motor works, but window won't come up