Q: code p1518

asked by on December 21, 2016

check engine

Intake Manifold Runner Control Replacement $110.06 - $813.17 Get a Quote

Hello there, many faults will cause the P1518 code to be found on your Ford. Without the model and year I can only offer very general advice. The P1528 code is indicating that the intake manifold runner control fault stuck open. The intake manifold runners use a flap to control the amount of air allowed into the intake, when one of these flaps is stuck open the P1518 code will be triggered. Common causes are intake manifold controller failure, failing intake, carbon buildup or a wiring harness issue. A qualified Technician will be able to diagnose your intake manifold runner issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.