Q: What causes a jerk when accelerating forward?

.

A: There are a few things that may cause this ...

There are a few things that may cause this situation. A broken engine mount may cause a jerk or clunk noise when the throttle is applied and sometimes you will feel a second clunk when the throttle is released.

The control arms of the suspension system have bushings made of rubber that may wear over time. This wear causes excessive movement of the wheel and may clunk or jerk with the application of the throttle. Worn control arm bushings may even be felt in the steering wheel.

If you need help with this issue, consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose the jerking you’re experiencing upon acceleration and help you make the necessary repairs to your car.