Q: Minor skip when accelerating -1985 Chevrolet C10 Pickup

I just rebuilt my 350 engine in my Chevy pickup. And there is a minor skip when I’m accelerating the truck. But the skipping got worse and its exploding back through the mufflers. Do you know how I can stop this?

Hello, thanks for writing in. This sounds like an exhaust valve was adjusted too tight after the rebuild, causing combustion to leak past the exhaust valve into the exhaust itself. For an in-person diagnosis, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the skipping acceleration and confirm which repairs are needed.