Q: chevy silverado 1500 is slow in 1st gear but runs fine in reverse

It runs slow in first barely wants to move but going in reverse it runs fine

The transmission has different clutch packs for different gears inside the transmission and you most likely have worn forward clutch packs. I would recommend having the transmission pressures checked and computer codes checked and also fluid checked for burned smell to fluid indicating burned out clutch packs.

3. chevy silverado 1500 is slow in 1st gear but runs fine in reverse