Q: Can I install a LT1 engine and a T56 transmission into a Subaru BRZ?

asked by on June 30, 2017

I want to swap out the boxer engine and install the LT1 engine from Chevrolet and the swap out the transmission. I was wondering if it would work or what kind of engine should I swap out?

Hi there. This application would not be possible without some significant fabrication and full system alternations being completed. If you’re going to consider any engine upgrade, stick with the same size and motor mount configuration - as it will have problems with connecting to ECU and other electrical components.