Q: EPC light on

asked by on February 23, 2016

The EPC light came on, and the Check Engine light goes on and off. My car runs erratically.

Hi there. The EPC light will come on when there is a malfunction with your engine being sensed. Your vehicle will automatically limit the amount of throttle usage to help prevent further damage to your engine. This feature is designed so you can get the vehicle to a location in which it can be serviced. I would strongly recommend not driving the vehicle to not further any damage that has already occurred. Have a mechanic sent by YourMechanic come to your residence and correctly scan the codes from your Check Engine Light and diagnose why your EPC Light is on so that the necessary repairs are made.