Q: Air intake noise

asked by on August 19, 2017

Just installed new cold air intake from American Muscle. When the car runs the intake makes a "metal scraping" noise especially between 1000-1800 rpm. Also replaced my mass air flow sensor with a new OEM mass air flow for 2003 Mustang v6. But it is still making the scraping noise? How to fix?

This metal scraping noise may be inherent to the metal tube. The original tube was designed to be quiet and not be noisey when opening throttle. The noise is from air flow disruption through the air tube. The metal tubes do not have a design to be quiet with out matching throttle body and mass air sensors designed with the tube. Contact the company that made the intake tube and get recommended parts to go with it to quiet the noise.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr