Q: Engine misfiring

At idle, my steering wheel vibrates a little and the engine feels like it's misfiring. This year I have changed the spark plugs and O2 sensors in my car, as well as the engine mounts and upper transmission mount.This is driving me nuts. If I turn off the car, it almost has a diesel effect: rumbling and shaking a little before it stops. Are my spark plugs going bad again? Would this be a coil pack? The check engine light never comes on.

A: On a modern car such as yours, the Check En...

On a modern car such as yours, the Check Engine Light should come on for a misfire. There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) # 11-007 which states the front engine mount can cause vibration and knocking from the engine compartment.

You said you replaced your motor mounts, but did you replace all of them? According to the repair diagram, it looks as though there are 5 mounts, including the transmission.

This is the kind of problem that can only be diagnosed firsthand by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic. I suggest you give the team at YourMechanic a call to diagnose the misfire issue.