Q: Hi. I have a 2011 chevy Silverado 1500 4.8. I clean the throttle body install without removing it or disconnecting anything. Now w

asked by on October 19, 2017

Hi. I have a 2011 chevy Silverado 4.8. I clean the throttle body install withoutremoving it or disconnecting anything. Now when I start the engine idles at 3000 RPM. And when I put it in drive truck accelerates at over 30 miles without stepping on gas pedal. I've drove it for 70 miles and problem still here. I also disconnected the battery for almost and hour, did not work. Any idea what I did wrong ? Did I damage something ? Do I need to have this part replace ?

Hi Cesar. It depends on what you used to clean the throttle body. If you used seafoam or other products like that, it’s likely that some "gunk" is stuck in the throttle body. However, it more likely that a vacuum line has come loose or was damaged during the cleaning. Complete a vacuum leak check to determine this or double check all connections first. If you need help with this at your location, one of our professional mechanics can help.