Q: Can you use a California emission fuel pump or will federal fuel pump work

Car just stop running as I was driving. I was told other was the fuel pump...I replaced it, unfortunately car still does not crank up. I use a federal fuel pump, instead of the California emission fuel pump...what's the difference?

Depending on your state, this should normally not be an issue as a California fuel pump and Federal fuel pump both run the same amount of fuel pressure. The issue is whether or not you live in California. If you do, then I would suggest using a California pump as these are designed to comply with California emissions laws. The California pump will likely have some kind of an additional plug that is for the fuel vapor pressure sensor. If you do not live in California, this should not be an issue for you. I would recommend having the car looked at by a mobile technician, like one from YourMechanic, since you can’t get the car going. They’ll be able to diagnose the starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair. Good luck.

3. Can you use a California emission fuel pump or will federal fuel pump work