Q: inner Cv axle wont come out?

I'm replacing my cv axle the two joints seperated leaving the part in the transmission in. I tryed to pull it out of with a crowbar and hammer and still nothing. I wrapped a chain around it and tried to pull it with my truck and nothing. made my own slide hammer with vise grips and still wont come out. What else could i do? could i take the other side off and put something down there to push the other other out? This is just frustrating me never had one stick this bad before.

A: You will need to get the axle removal tool ...

You will need to get the axle removal tool at a parts store and hook it to a heavy duty slide hammer. Give it some good raps with the slide hammer with the tool behind the axle joint. This should break the axle lock clip loose and the axle joint should come out. Just pulling on the axle will not get it out. It takes a large impact pulling it out to get the job done. If you are having trouble and would like assistance, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace the CV axle for you.