Q: 01 acura mdx oil pan replacement, do i need to drop the subfame

asked by on June 14, 2017

Do I need to remove the subframe to replace the oil pan on a 2001 acura mdx

Oil Pan Replacement $258.67 - $1218.39 Get a Quote

You might have to remove the sub-frame center beam. The removal instructions do NOT refer to that component but, strangely, the oil pan installation instructions refer to it. It should be evident if the center bean is in the way once you follow this mandatory sequence: Remove: 1) negative battery cable; 2) front splash shield; 3) heated oxygen (HO2S) sensor connector; 4) exhaust front pipe; and 5) torque converter cover, if equipped with an automatic transaxle. At that point if the pan will not clear the beam, then it will have to be removed. Note that there is a specific tightening sequence for the pan bolts, special thread sealants and a calibrated torque wrench must be used or you will have leaks due to uneven tightening. If you want the oil pan replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request oil pan replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.