Q: Car shuts down when in reverse

asked by on March 16, 2016

Oil is leaking from my car and it shuts down when I shift into reverse, In addition, the vehicle shuts down when in D3, and when the AC/heat is turned on. The AC does not work properly and is only blowing warm air.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

It appears that you may be experiencing a few different issues with your Honda Accord. The stalling may be caused by such culprits as a dirty idle air control valve or perhaps it may be time to perform a valve adjustment. The A/C blowing warm air can be the result of one or more of many components in the AC system failing or something as simple as low refrigerant. With these many different symptoms, I feel it is best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over your Accord with you. They will be able to determine exactly why your vehicle is stalling when you apply a load such as turning on the AC or putting your Accord into gear as well as why you only get warm air when you turn the AC on. Once the source of your vehicle’s concerns are identified, they will be able to make the necessary repairs needed to keep your vehicle from stalling as well as keeping you cool on those hot days when you needed it most.