Q: SUV would not accelerate and all warning lights came on - 2009 Kia Borrego

I was driving around 30 mph and pressed on the accelerator pedal, but my SUV would not accelerate; plus, all the warning lights came on. I shifted into Park and when I tried to shift back into Drive, it would not shift. I had to have it towed to the dealership. They gave the diagnosis as being a failure of the electrical system. Before I give approval for any repairs, would you please tell me your diagnosis of my car?

A: A failure of the electrical system can come...

A failure of the electrical system can come from a loose or broken connection at the battery or an alternator failing to maintain the charge. You may want to hire a second source for another opinion and maybe another estimate and compare the two to make the best decision. This second opinion inspection can be performed by a certified technician from YourMechanic with our diagnostic test of faulty shifting.