Q: Car starts but won't stay running

A couple days ago I was driving my car and it completely stalled out and wouldn't start back up. Earlier that day it stalled but cranked back up with no problem and I didn't think nothing of it. But prior to that I experienced a couple times it sputtered a little as I tried to accelerate which was kind of odd. So I replaced the crankshaft sensor and also spark plugs and wires. At first my car wasn't even starting at all so after I replaced the crankshaft sensor it starts now just won't stay running. I thought it may be due to bad wires and plugs and replaced them as well. Car is doing the exact same thing as far as starting but not staying running. I've now narrowed it to being either the ignition control module, coil packs, or cam sensor but don't have money to keep spending on parts that I really don't need. With what I have explained so far what do u think the problem may be?

A: Hi there: Actually, instead of trying to t...

Hi there:

Actually, instead of trying to trace this as an ignition issue, the problem is most likely fuel related; perhaps as simple as clogged or dirty throttle body or fuel injectors that need to be cleaned. Completing this service is very cost effective and a good way to start your diagnostic inspection. If you're able to do this, start by cleaning the throttle body to see if that helps. If not, contact a professional mechanic to have them complete an engine is stalling inspection.