Q: 2007 Infiniti fx35 cranking but not starting. Do you know what the problem might be?

2007 Infiniti fx35 cranking but not starting. At one point the car started after cranking it for a few times and pumping the gas pedal. It was on for about 3 minutes or possibly less and turned off. Hasn't started since.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The fuel pump is not energizing and causing the engine to not start. Check the fuel pump relay and listen for it to click. Also listen for the fuel pump to hum when the key is turned on. If the relay is clicking and the fuel pump is not coming on, then there is either an issue with the fuel pump or the wiring to the fuel pump. If the relay is not clicking, then either the fuel pump relay is not working or the wiring from the relay to the ignition switch is damaged. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr