Q: What are the right plugs and how do i know what I can tweak on the type of plug I use.

asked by on July 18, 2016

Let me start off by telling what I have going on. So my cooling fan wasnt working, over heated engine. Fixed that but I need new spark plugs, my cats are clogged so I'm about to cut the exhaust all out and run straight pipe from the manifold. I'm going to try and use the spark plug no foulers to pull the o2 sensor out of the line of exhaust, if that doesn't work I'm going to try an electronic mil eliminator, lastly if that doesn't work I'm buying a hand held and remapping. But I want to tune it up real nice before I do that. I'm a delivery driver and really beat on it, I'm also putting in high performance coil packs. The manufacturer recommends motorcraft agsf-32n for the plug. What can you recommend. I started to look into different types of plug configurations and mororcraft model number identification charts. I'm a little lost in the forest. Anything you can explain or any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Try using the factory plugs first and use them until you get all the modifications done. Then keep checking the plugs every month to see how they are burning to see if you need a hotter plug or a colder plug if there is one made that fits this engine.

You should do a search on the spark plug number and their meanings to know what plug to look for. As far as I know Motorcraft plugs AGSF-32n is a pretty hot plug and should work for you for now. If you need help sourcing, replacing, or installing the spark plugs, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this task.