Q: Van stalls after raining

asked by on August 20, 2017

It just got done raining and suddenly my 2001 Honda Odyssey EX stalled while driving. Dashboard lights come on. Would restart after a few minutes but stall out driving a few feet forward. No sputtering or backfiring. Just engine shutting off. Lights and radio was fine just kept stalling. After about an hour later tried again it seems to be normal. Driving fine. Drove around block no problem. Just would like to narrow down a solution to it without paying so much to figure out.

This problem may take some additional diagnosis by spraying the engine harness and sensors with water like the crankshaft sensor connector may be letting in water and will stall the motor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr