Q: Engine hesitation and blue smoke

My Mazda 3 had engine hesitation around 3,000 rpms and bluish smoke came out of the exhaust. I had just added a quart of 5W-20 oil (my dipstick is hard to read so I may have put too much oil in). This continued for several miles. Any help will be appreciated.

The blue smoke coming out of the exhaust is an indication that the motor is burning excessive oil. The Mazda 3 engines are known for this. When the valve seals become worn this can cause oil to seep into the combustion chamber allowing it to be ignited with the air and fuel resulting in the blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and increased burning of oil. This is usually a sign of an engine that needs to be rebuilt. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair.