Q: White smoke expelled from exhaust

Occasionally there is a white smoke and possibly raw fuel that expels from the exhaust. When this does happen, there is loss of power and sputtering occurs. After the smoke stops, my truck then runs well and no problems… until the next time. What is causing this?

The excessive fuel condition is from the exhaust regeneration system malfunctioning and should be diagnosed following updated diagnostic procedures for the check engine codes received. Follow technical service bulletin 09-10-02 for an updated procedures directive.

3. White smoke expelled from exhaust