Q: Engine will not stay started. I have replaced idle control valve map sensor spark plugs spark plug wires no check engine light is

asked by on May 27, 2017

Engine backfires car will not stay idling idle jumps up and down up and down at the top end have replaced map sensor spark plug spark plug wires idle control valve no check engine light at this time but has plugged in the ECU and got to go back for engine running too lean Now it seems to have no spark I believe I've put a screwdriver in the spark plug wire and against the block and got no fire

You have a problem with the distributor assembly. I recommend replacing the distributor assembly. This will replace all the possible sensors and coil for the ignition and fix the problem you have.