Q: I have the service engine light on

Service light is on, I've check the gas cap only, the car is running good I don't feel that anything is wrong with it

The computer should be scanned to see why the Check Engine Light is on by a mechanic. The Check Engine Light is an indication that the computer has a fault in the systems that it monitors and has set a code to help diagnose the problem. The vehicle’s running condition may not be changed even though the system has a problem. A thorough pinpoint test for the codes received will narrow the problem down so it can be repaired. The gas cap could cause the light to be on and set a code. A test is needed to see if it is the cause or it is another problem.