Q: The clock in the car and light on the passenger airbag light

So the other day I got in the car and noticed that the lighton the passenger airbag was dim and only lights up when someone is in the seat . But it use to light up all the time and say it's off if I did not have a passenger in the car well now all of sudden the clock in the car is decided to not tell the right and of course I set it but every time I get in the car it's either three or four hours behind the time so is there a electrical problem going on or something else

A: Hi there. Most of the time, the dimming an...

Hi there.

Most of the time, the dimming and brightness of the dashboard lights are controlled by a switch on the vehicle's instrument panel or under the dash near the fuse box. In some cases, this dimming switch may become damaged or have an electrical issue with the relay that send the signal to illuminate the dashboard lights. The best way to determine the exact source of this issue is to have a mechanic complete an electrical inspection; which will permit them to pinpoint the exact component that is faulty.