Q: What does the antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze?

What does the antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light mean?

The antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light is on your instrument cluster, and illuminates when there is an issue with your car’s ABS. The ABS is a vital part of your brake system, and helps your vehicle brake from high speeds effectively. If your ABS Warning Light illuminates, stop your vehicle, and turn off the engine. Turn your car back on, and see if the light stays on when traveling above 13 mph. If the ABS Warning Light stays on, you should have your vehicle inspected. If the ABS Warning Light is on, but the brake system Warning Light is not on, then the ABS system is not working, but the brakes are still fully functional.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the ABS Warning Light will illuminate when the ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet running. You should only be concerned with the ABS Warning Light if it stays lit after the engine has been turned on.

3. What does the antilock brake system (ABS) Warning Light mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze?