Q: Headlights just stopped working

When I went into Walmart one night, my lights were all working just fine, but when I came out 15 minutes later, my headlights wouldn't work at all. If I pull the blinker lever like switching between brights and normal lights but don't quite go all the way and just hold it there, I can get the lights to work on both normal and brights, so I know the lights themselves are good. I was told it was the multifunction switch, so I replaced that easily with YouTube help, but it didn't fix anything. All other lights work just fine. It is solely the headlights and there are no fuses that I can find. I don't know anything about relays or really anything electrical, so I'm basically stuck and would hate to spend what would no doubt be at least 100 bucks for something very basic. Any suggestions would be great!

If manipulating the original switch caused the lights to turn on and off, that would suggest that the rest of the headlight circuit is OK. If you replaced the switch and yet you have the same symptom that you had originally, the new switch has to be removed so that the headlight circuit(s) can be directly probed (tested) and as well the switch function has to be tested and verified. It could be that loose terminals or wiring in the column is an issue or part issue. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a headlight switch/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Headlights just stopped working