Q: My shifter cable bushing broke can you fix this with out changing the cable?

My shifter cable bushing broke and the cable became disconected from the shift lever can you fix this with out replacing the cable?

A: As long as the shift cable end is not damag...

As long as the shift cable end is not damaged and can hold a new bushing then a new bushing can be installed. Most models have an aftermarket bushing on the market. The dealer in most cases do not make a replacement bushing. You would need to check at aftermarket parts stores to see if they stock the bushings. Some come in a multi bushing kit with different sizes to fit many models.