Q: Security system is activated and is not letting me turn the car on

My car's security system has been activated, so it is not letting me turn the car on. Am i able to disable the security system alone? If yes, How?

Hello there, the security system is an important safety feature with your 2004 Nissan Xterra. You will not be able to disable the security system as it is integrated into the ignition system. Common causes for the security system to activate is a faulty key transponder, security control module, faulty key fob, or the key cylinder has failed. For an accurate repair, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your security system fault and make any repairs required to restore your car to working order.

3. Security system is activated and is not letting me turn the car on