Q: I have a Code P0601 on the PCM. I replaced the PCM, and now I have a code P0118, code P0123, and code P0193.

asked by on November 04, 2016

I would like to know can a PCM with code P0601, retrieve a P0118, P0123, or P0193 code?

Hi there, the short answer to your question is no . A PCM with a P0601 (which is a memory module error in the PCM) cannot reliably retrieve codes for the codes you list (P0118 - coolant temp sensor, P0123 - throttle position sensor, P0193 - fuel rail pressure sensor.

Most likely, the P0601 prevents the PCM from getting any codes from the engine sensors. The memory module error may cause in data corruption for collected sensor values, lose of data over multiple sampling periods, or failure of the data collection to work at all. Replacing the PCM was a necessary expense.

If you need assistance with the "new" codes, I would recommend having a Check Engine Light inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the new error codes and get an accurate assessment of the repairs needed.