Q: Today my car made a loud knocking noise and when I press on the gas pedal, the car doesn't accelerate right away but when it does it makes a knocking noise.

The knocking noise just started today and is quite loud when car is started up and driven. What should I do to fix this issue?

The noise that you are hearing could be one of the rod bearings are knocking in the engine or the flex plate could have a loose bolt making the torque converter bounce around. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your knocking noise.

3. Today my car made a loud knocking noise and when I press on the gas pedal, the car doesn't accelerate right away but when it does it makes a knocking noise.