Q: My 08 Honda Accord was reset recently after going into limp mode

I took it to the Honda dealership after getting the codes reset so that I could drive my vehicle home after going into limp mode from a friend. When I took the vehicle to the dealership they told me that it was reading that the starter was bad on it causing the engine light to flash and the VSA light. I told them about my problem with going into limp mode as well although I don't think they considered much of my opinion. Would a starter ever be the reason for a car to go into limp mode?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for writing in today. Typically the limp mode will be activated when there is a driveline system failure, such as the transmission. However, it is possible for the limp mode to trigger when a major component like a starter is damaged. I would ask the dealership for a print out of all the OBD-II trouble codes that were downloaded then send them to us through this platform so we can determine what exactly may have activated the limp mode.

3. My 08 Honda Accord was reset recently after going into limp mode