My 08 Honda Accord was reset recently after going into li...

Q: My 08 Honda Accord was reset recently after going into limp mode

asked by on September 18, 2017

I took it to the Honda dealership after getting the codes reset so that I could drive my vehicle home after going into limp mode from a friend. When I took the vehicle to the dealership they told me that it was reading that the starter was bad on it causing the engine light to flash and the VSA light. I told them about my problem with going into limp mode as well although I don't think they considered much of my opinion. Would a starter ever be the reason for a car to go into limp mode?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for writing in today. Typically the limp mode will be activated when there is a driveline system failure, such as the transmission. However, it is possible for the limp mode to trigger when a major component like a starter is damaged. I would ask the dealership for a print out of all the OBD-II trouble codes that were downloaded then send them to us through this platform so we can determine what exactly may have activated the limp mode.