Q: Can you give me an idea what it cost for the brake pads, rotors, calipers and brake hoses on my 2008 Mazda Tribute

asked by on April 12, 2017

Hi, Can I get idea of cost for both front brake replacement including pads, rotors, calipers and a brake hose? My mechanic did job without calling first with estimate and is charging 650. Seems high to me but I don't know. Wish I knew about this service yesterday. Thank you,

Hello. The cost of the repair will really depend on the amount of work that needs to be done. I would also need to know if that price he gave you was for parts and labor or just parts. If it is parts and labor then that is not too far out of line for a shop. In some cases you can get it done cheaper if you shop around. I would say the worst part is that you were not told about it prior to doing the work. That is against the law in most states.