Q: The leak is coming from the left side if the engine if u r standing in front of the car.As soon as the engine is shut iff the leak

asked by on May 06, 2017

If standing in front if the car the leakage us. Oming from the left side of the engine in the area of the belts and wate pump.If the engine is running everything is ok so it seems but soon as the engine is shut off its like a faucet that was turned on low...continuosly dripping..what does it sound like the problem could be...Is thereanyway to tell without having to pay for a diagnostic....How much would this establishment charge for labor to put on a water pump if this is the problem

Using a small, articulated (flexible) inspection mirror (just an inch or so of mirror is all you need), and adequate bright lighting, attempt to view the weep hole (about 1/8 inch diameter hole) on the bottom of the water pump behind the pulley. A tiny bit of water is allowed to come from that hole, every now and then, but if it is obvious that water is "streaming" from the hole, that signifies the pump will have to be replaced. To request replacement of the pump (with no diagnostic fee), please simply use YourMechanic’s water pump replacement service page. Once on that page, please click on "Get a Quote" and enter your vehicle information (year, make, model). If the leak is not at the water pump weep hole, and you cannot otherwise identify the leak origin, please instead use YourMechanic’s coolant leak diagnostic service page and the responding certified mechanic will come to your location, get the leak identified and repair it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.