Q: Could it be a battery problem - 2011 Volkswagen Jetta

My wheel locks up and my car shuts off but will crank right back up. This will happen repeatedly if I continue to drive. I can still sit in the car with it running with no problem/ shutting off.

A: Hello. Your car is equipped with wheel spee...

Hello. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car's ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your stalling issue and have this addressed appropriately.