Q: EVAP. 2001 Pontiac Firebird

asked by on September 01, 2016

I keep getting this code blowing up on my phone saying EVAP system vent control circuit. Before my gas pump went bad and this is my new gas pump but it still keep saying it please help I'm a traveler and want to get it fix soon before it break down. I try looking up the internet and couldn't find anything or video showing me how to fix it u have any thoughts? I never had any engine light before till this evap showing up.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The fuel tank has a vent valve that opens when the engine is running, as the pump sucks fuel from the tank and the tank may collapse if a high vacuum is drawn. Usually this code pops up when the EVAP vent valve malfunctions. Consider having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the cause of the code more throughly in order to have this corrected.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr