Q: Q: Car stuck in park.

My car is stuck in park and the gearshift lever feels loose, almost like it is not connected to anything at all.

I have come across this often on your the Aviator. In some cases the shift cable comes loose from the transmission, but most of the time it is because the shift cable broke. The cable goes from the shifter, through the floorboard and connects to the transmission. It does take some time to take the shifter assembly apart to replace this. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic that has the experience to do this, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Car stuck in park.