Q: Drove over a Traffic Cone

Drove over an orange traffic cone.It stuck on the bottom of my car.Was able to remove it after driving one block.It was pretty much squashed.Car drove normally afterwards.What is on the underside of the car for protection?Should I be concerned? Thank you very much Ted Spiegel

A: Traffic cones are quite heavy and strong. S...

Traffic cones are quite heavy and strong. So is the underside of your car, but there some rubber and plastic parts that can be damaged. Even if all seems normal with the car, it wouldn’t hurt to have a local technician or a mobile tech from YourMechanic to inspect the underside for things like rubber brake lines, C/V joint boots, etc.