Q: Engine problems.

I replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor. I can feel that it has all the power it needs but it doesn't want to give it. If I get on the throttle to much it back fires continually. It also has a rich fuel mixture. I just can't figure it out.

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear likely that the backfiring and performance issues are a result of the fuel problem. A rich fuel mixture can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few things I would look into are the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pump, and the injectors. If the Check Engine Light is on, I would also retrieve the trouble codes, as a sensor issue can also cause the engine to run rich. As engine performance issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having the vehicle diagnosed by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the loss of power with your car.

3. Engine problems.